Applications for the MaRS Embedded Executive program are now open and close on June 29th!
Embedded Executive Funding helps place a C-level or other senior-level executive with an Ontario-based technology venture to support achieving their next growth milestone.
Ventures can receive up to $50,000 toward the cost of the Embedded Executive’s salary. Each recipient will also be required to contribute $15,000 cash (or 30% of amount requested) over the program’s six-month period.
This program is best suited for novel Ontario-based tech ventures in a later discovery stage or approaching validation and efficiency stage of development.
Embedded Executive is funded through the Business Acceleration Program (BAP) to support entrepreneurs of the ONE network. BAP is funded by the Government of Ontario, and delivered and managed by MaRS.
The Client Services Associate supports the Client Services organization and the CEO in an administrative role to ensure that the Client Services operations run smoothly, organized and efficient, ensuring our clients experience is held to an exceptionally high standard.
You are an organized individual with the ability to multitask and prioritize. You have previous customer service and administrative experience and you approach every day with a positive, cheerful attitude.
Client Services (approximately 75% of workload)
- Client Administration
- Client information collections & admin
- Scheduling of initial meeting
- New Client Referrals (incoming and outgoing)
- Filing and document management
- Reception for Thrive clients and Spark Centre
- Phone system management
- Physical reception
- Calendar administration
- Thrive administrative activities
- Timesheet process administration
- CRM administration – ensuring client records are accurate and up to date
- Support client bookkeeping by acting as liaison between clients and financial advisors
- Assist and support “Thrive” – Spark Centre’s high-potential start-up client program
- Assist and support “Catalyst” – Spark Centre’s scaling client program
- Assist and support “Expert Network” – Spark Centre’s client services provider program
- Assist and support the Ignite Program – Spark Centre’s annual start-up competition
Executive Assistant (approximately 25% of workload)
- Calendar administration for CEO
- Phone system management
- Bank deposits, mail runs, etc.
- General office administration like filing, archiving, and office supply ordering
- Key organizational contact for CEO
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Two (2) or more years’ experience within a fast paced office
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- College diploma in Administration, Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with a CRM software
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Friendly, enthusiastic personality – customer service focused
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to grasp tasks quickly and take initiative when necessary
- Sense of humour and practices discretion
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative/shared working environment
NICE TO HAVE
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset
- We are a “start-up” culture, an organization that is fast-paced, with an open office design and concept
- Our high performance setting will provide the opportunity for you to gain valuable experience, long-term development and career growth
- Our “get it done” belief has you involved in our off-hour events and activities, supporting our operational needs – We are a highly driven, motivated and passionate team that works and plays hard
If you are a dynamic, energetic, dedicated and a motivated individual and want to become a core member of our team, we want to hear from you!
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Assistant: 3 years
- CRM Software: 2 years
- client administration: 3 years
ROSTER POINT IS GETTING THEIR POINT ACROSS
In February 2016 Bryan Brant started to have his new website, Roster Point developed. The sites main purpose was to bring hockey players that weren’t quite good enough to be drafted together with junior teams from the Tier 2 level and down. The goal was to see more players having a chance to play junior hockey at some level of the game.
Since February 2016 the business has made a couple of pivots and has grown to become the only site of its kind. In January 2017 Bryan was looking for a way to rank the players in the database so teams would be able to quickly find the right skilled players for their teams. What he ended up finding was a company called CVS Sports Analytics. CVS had been ranking players for the NHL Draft since 2006 and in 2010 they started to rank 15 year old players for the Junior Drafts as well. The unique thing about CVS is they only use 100% Predictive Analytics to rank players. Contrary to the industry norm that still uses the Eye Test to scout and rank players, CVS was producing more accurate rankings year after year than any other company.
Today Roster Point is promoting the highly skilled players that CVS identifies to the highest levels of junior hockey. “What this is creating is a magnet type of effect” say Brant “the more we promote the higher skilled players the more players we’re having signing up” which has been the businesses nemesis since they launch in mid-2016. “We suffered from the Chicken and the Egg syndrome for quite a while but we really got into a grove and started to attract players when we got 3 interns from the Sports Management Program at Durham College” said Brant “the students were instrumental in growing the player database to over 1500 player contacts in 3 months.”
The business is starting to see a number of teams sign up for paid subscriptions now which is the financial blood line for the company. More and more players continue to sign up. Players are getting the benefits of the promotion and are getting drafted because of the help they receive from Roster Point. It’s just a matter of time before the flood gates open and more teams see the value in having a Roster Point Subscription.
Visit Roster Point at www.rosterpoint.com
Call or email Bryan Brant if you have any questions about the project (905) 424-5869 firstname.lastname@example.org.