Thank you for your interest in the Start Up Visa program!
Below are some FAQs that will answer your question on criteria and other info that would be helpful to know. If you are interested in becoming a client and you fit the criteria below, please sign up online http://sparkbeacon.com/admin/intakes
Once you sign up, Spark Centre will then send you an email to complete the second part of the application. After completion of part 2 of application, please fill out the additional questionnaire found below and email it to email@example.com . Please allow approx. 3-4 weeks for application review and approval.
1. What are the eligibilities for becoming a Start Up Visa client at Spark?
• One founder must co-locate at the Spark Centre
• Must be in Validation, Efficiency and Scale up stage
• Willing to sign a Spark Centre client contract
• Willing to use immigration consultant Calver & Associates to facilitate application process
• Technology Innovative start up Business
• Willing to incorporate in Canada before or shortly after arriving in Canada
• Show strong growth potential
• Participate in one of our programs for a period of a minimum of 6 months.
• Meet Immigration Canada criteria (Living Settlement funds, Criminal Background Check, English test, Voting rights)
• Applicant must hold more than 50% ownership of business.
• Go through Calver & Associates as Immigration Consultant
• Must be able to provide Business Plan, Cash Flow Statement, Income Statement, Balance Sheet.
• Business to impact Durham Region.
2. What are the services offered by Spark Centre?
Spark offers services to two platforms of clients: Community and High Potential. Community companies are in the early stage of business development (idea & discovery), while High Potential companies are in the later stage (validation, efficiency, and scale) Community clients receive: Online workshops & assignments for growth, face-to-face workshops, Market Intelligence services, access to networking events by Spark and our partners. In addition, advisory by Spark staff is also offered. High Potential clients receive: 1:1 advisory, Workshops, connections to investors and funding, access to networking, office space at the incubator can be arranged.
3. What is the procedure for the Start Up Visa program?
• Spark Applicant Intake process, questionnaire completion, document submission & approval
• Spark Immigration Consultant Applicant Intake & approval
• Applicant completes Required Package emailed by Spark (Commitment Certificate, Commitment Certificate-Letter of Support)
• Spark & Immigration Consultant review and approve package
• Commitment Certificate & Commitment Certificate-Letter of Support sent to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) by Spark
• Applicant notified by Calver & Associates of Permanent Residence approval
• Spark sends applicant Welcome details via email
• Spark onboards applicant as a client *
• Applicant/Client notifies us of date of arrival to Canada
• Client arrives at Spark Centre upon arriving in Canada
Download our Start Up Visa Application Form. Once filled out, e-mail it to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be able to help you with any additional questions.